Jewish businessman and philanthropist Adam Milstein was born in the port city of Haifa, Israel. His father worked in the construction and real estate business while his mother took care of the home and kids. A few years after Adam Milstein‘s birth, his family moved to the suburb of Kiryat Motzkin, which is outside of Haifa. He grew up there alongside his two siblings.
After completing schooling, Adam Milstein was required to serve in the Israeli Defense Force. It just so happened that as he was completing his mandatory military service, that Israel was attacked by its neighbors in what was known as the Yom Kippur War. Adam Milstein served in the IDF alongside General Ariel Sharon, who would later come to be the Prime Minister of Israel and a great war hero.
After serving in the IDF, Adam Milstein went to study at the Technion in his hometown of Haifa. Mr. Milstein completed a program of study in economics and business there. He would marry his girlfriend, Gila Elgrably in 1974 and the couple and their kids would emigrate to the United States in 1981. The Milstein family settled down in the Los Angeles metro area and Mr. Milstein pursued a graduate degree in business. After completing his MBA at USC, Milstein worked as an independent real estate broker. He would eventually end up at Hager Pacific Properties which is a real estate management, development and investment firm. Mr. Milstein now serves as one of the managing directors at Hager Pacific Properties.
Having built up a successful career for himself, Adam Milstein was now focused on trying to give back to the community through philanthropy. In fact, Adam Milstein says that he spends almost 90% of his time on philanthropic efforts with the remaining 10% to work and other issues. The reason he spends so much time on philanthropy is because he does not consider it to be work. When you do something you enjoy it does not seem like work at all says Adam Milstein.
He is one of the founders of the Israeli American Council or the AIC. Mr. Milstein also created a foundation which endows Jewish non-profits and pro-Israel groups. Besides helping the Jewish community at home in the United States, Adam Milstein is a passionate advocate for Jews across the world and the Jewish state of Israel.
To know more click here